Competition Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers (“HarperCollins”), 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8JB.
2. This promotion is open worldwide, except to employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
3. To enter the competition, email your suggested strap line for Last Stand of Dead Men to email@example.com.
4. Closing date for entries is 12 midnight on 1st July 2013. No entries received after this date will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Only one entry allowed per household.
5. The prize is to have a mocked up version of the cover of Last Stand of Dead Men created and printed as a poster in A3 size, using the strap line the winner suggested. We will pick 10 winners.
6. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
7. No cash or prize alternatives are available.
8. HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
9. The winners of the competition will be chosen by Derek Landy from all valid entries and notified by email no later than the end of July.
10. The prize will be delivered to the winner by the end of August 2013.
11. Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
12. HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
13. HarperCollins reserves the right to use one of the winning strap lines on the final cover of Last Stand of Dead Men if they so choose and by entering this competition you agree that we may use your strap line in this way. In this case, we will notify the winner ahead of time.
14. To obtain the name of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to Skulduggery Competition, Children’s Marketing, HarperCollins Publishers, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 8JB.
15. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
16. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
17. By entering this competition, you are agreeing that if you win your name and image may be used for the purpose of announcing the winner in any related publicity with HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
19. Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
20. HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
21. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.