Please note that these terms and conditions were amended on 29th July 2014 and will apply to all entries going forward. All valid entries prior to this date will still be valid.
1. This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers (“HarperCollins”), 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8JB.
2. You must be 11 years old to enter this competition. If you are under 16 you must have permission from a parent or guardian. This promotion is open worldwide except for employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
3. To enter the competition, email us an image of your mask to firstname.lastname@example.org. All images entered into the competition must include only the mask and no faces, if any faces are included in the photo it will not be included in the competition.
4. Closing date for entries is 12 midnight on 10th August 2014. No entries received after this date will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Only 1 entry allowed per person.
5. The prize is 2 tickets to the Requiem Ball being held in London on 28th August 2014, from 6 pm until 8 pm. If the winner is under 18, then there will be an extra ticket for a parent or guardian to accompany them, so the winner will receive three tickets in total. Travel and accommodation will not be included. You are responsible for making your own way to and from the Requiem Ball and any accommodation. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. . There will also be 25 event packs for runners up.
6. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize. If you cannot attend the Requiem Ball HarperCollins reserves the right to give the prize to someone else and no alternative will be given to you.
7. By attending the Requiem Ball event you agree to obey all the rules and guidelines for it.
8. No cash or prize alternatives are available.
9. HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
10. By entering you agree that HarperCollins can display your mask design on the Skulduggery Pleasant website at www.skulduggerypleasant.co.uk, in order to inspire others. It won’t be used anywhere else
11. The winner of the competition will be selected by Derek Landy and notified by no later than the 14th August 2014.
12. The prize will be delivered to the winner by 20th August 2014.
13. Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
14. HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
15. To obtain the name of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to Requiem Ball Competition, HarperCollins Publishers, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 8JB.
16. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
17. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
18. By entering this competition, you are agreeing that if you win your name and image may be used for the purpose of announcing the winner in any related publicity with HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
20. Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
21. HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
22. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.